Earlier this week the Province announced we will be moving into Step 1 tomorrow, Friday June 11th.
What does Step 1 mean to the SSC:
Saturday June 12th
- The Main Gate to the SSC will open and remain open, with the SSC accessible to members who have cottages, season pass holders and the Slovenian Community.
- Common areas, sports areas, balina courts will be open for use with people respecting gathering limits of 10 persons.
- We expect the main washroom will be open by 7 PM on June 12th, provided that there are no unexpected surprises.
- The Hall washrooms will remain closed for the time being.
- The kitchen will remain closed for the time being. However, we will look at resuming some functions as we get into future steps later in the summer.
- On weekends, we will have gate attendants who will record the information we are required to collect for contact tracing of all visitors entering the SSC.
We will also be undertaking some much needed spring cleaning of the Hall as well as other areas at the SSC. In addition, we will begin the initial steps of opening the Pool in preparation for inspections by the Region of Peel later this month. As previously indicated, the pool will be operating under the same COVID-19 protocol as in the summer of 2020.
Sunday June 20th
- We are able to confirm that the first mass at the SSC will be held on June 20th at 11:45am. Social distancing is required.
We will keep you updated as we progress through the various steps of reopening and update everyone as to any changes that may take effect as we move through the various steps of opening.
As we move into Step 1, we remind everyone to respect the rules regarding gatherings and group sizes as mandated by the Province.
So enjoy the summer, wash your hands often, wear your masks, keep your distance and get vaccinated.
May you and your family continue to stay safe and stay healthy!